Al salamo alikom dear brothers and sisters,
living Islam academy is expanding and we are requiring more teachers to teach Islamic studies, Quran and Arabic.
What are we looking for?
- If you are enthusiastic about teaching.
- If you have good command of the English language.
- If you have basic knowledge of Islam.
- For Quran teachers, in addition to what is previously mentioned you will need to master Quran recitation and tajweed in addition to having good command of English.
- For Arabic teachers in addition to good command of English, excellent command of Arabic is a must.
- Teaching experience will be a plus but not an essential requirement.
How to apply?
If you have the skills mentioned above and would like to join our team and teach Islamic studies, Quran or Arabic to children and youth, then kindly complete the application downloadable HERE, indicating which subject you would prefer to teach and send it back to
If your application is accepted you will be invited to an interview in the third week of August and might be asked to present part of a lesson that will be sent to you prior to the interview.
What do you need to know about us:
- We are a non- profit organisation the provides Islamic education for children and youth.
- We are based at Leeds Grand Mosque.
- We provide classes for children under 12 years of age on Tuesday's and Thursday evening 6:00-8:30pm.
- We provide classes for youth above 12 years old on Friday evening 6:00-9:30pm.
- In our Islamic classes we teach Quran, Nourani rule and/or Tajweed, Tafseer ( in English), Islamic studies ( in English).
- We provide Arabic language classes for children and youth on Saturday 12:30-2:30pm.
- Our expansion plans might include providing classes on weekend ( TBC- depending on demand).
- We strive to make our classes interactive and fun.
For more information please visit our facebook page @Living Islam academy
We look forward to receiving your application
Living Islam Academy team